Saturday, July 17, 2010

Berry nice

It's berry season in England - raspberries, strawberries, blueberries - little juicy nuggets of delight everywhere you look! Mae has had strawberries before and enjoyed them, but for some reason I kept thinking raspberries might be a choking hazard so had avoided them. Ridiculous! They are perfect baby food - the right size to pick up now she has a pincer grip that could pick the lint off my black jacket (actually there's a thought, I could put her to work), and then they melt in your mouth like a Prawn Cocktail Skip.

So at my parents house, Mae tucks into her very first full English brekkie. Two fingers of egg on toast, one finger of roast tomato on toast, two mini yoghurts, half a banana, five strawberries and ten raspberries later, she is finally full! Her look of delight is incongruous with the scene from a slasher movie that my parents dining table has become, but I think we can say she is going to enjoy English cuisine!

1 comment:

  1. As the aforementioned grandma with the bloodied table, I just wanted to say how well it works. I had had the same routine with Mae's cousin, Zoe,so was ready for the debris. Wood floors, tables and babies wipe easily (use a plastic table cloth as floor covering if you have carpets or more fragile furniture) and the joy of watching a baby enjoy food is worth it - we just get on with ours at the same time.

    ReplyDelete