Friday, July 16, 2010

Doing the aeroplane

We are in England, meaning we survived 24hrs on an aeroplane with an 8-month old! And she managed to eat. Sort of.

The nice lady brought us four jars of Heinz puree at the beginning of Flight One - 2x Pumpkin & Sweetcorn and 2x Pear & Banana. It took us an hour to feed her one jar (which was fine, we weren't short of hours) but we were unable to take a photo - we had to employ all six arms to get it into her.

It goes something like this: she sits on her Dad's knee, long sleeved bib on, I put a small amount on a spoon, give the spoon to Mae whilst surreptitiously guiding it into her mouth, some comes off in her mouth, she pulls the spoon out and flicks it around, grinning, spraying pumpkin onto the entertainment system, her Dad's T-shirt (yellow in colour already - good choice, Chris) and the hair of the kicky man behind us. I wipe everything I can (apart from the kicky man's hair, he can do that himself as penance for kicking) and then we start again. 84 wipes later (including several used to mop our brows from the effort of it all), the jar is empty.

The next meal time, we decide to give her some of ours, the puree just too much effort. I get some very salty potato wedges with my meal so I suck the salt off and give her a couple:



The rest of the flight I'm afraid was rice crackers and breastmilk for Mae, but I'm pleased to report that she survived, and so did we!

No comments:

Post a Comment