Friday, July 2, 2010

Risotto besotto

I'm going nuts on the sharing stuff now. Today, we shared some of the tomato risotto Chris and I had last night for dinner. It has onions and cherry toms in, and fetta on top, none of which she has had before. I gave it to Mae on a spoon at first, a la yoghurt (see my post on spoon feeding). I then dolloped a pile on her tray and she grabbed a fistful with the other hand. So, with spoon in one (repeatedly refilled by me – she’s not that dextrous!) and fistfuls in the other, she shovelled in a healthy portion over about 20 mins. Her face, hands and nose were orange for the rest of the day and I think the high chair is permanently scarred. But conclusion? Risotto=resounding success! I wish I had a photo of when the fetta hit the palate though!


No comments:

Post a Comment