Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dumpling daze

I love a good dumpling, but they are a food I used to save for late nights in Chinatown rather than try and cook myself - they are surely too tricky and will take way more than the 30 min max I've alloted to dinner-making? But then again, they are the perfect size for Mae's little fingers and surely don't have to be made entirely from MSG and unidentifiable meat by-products - they could be little nuggets of goodness too. On my trawl through the internet for recipes, I refine my search and find these little gems - ricotta cheese dumplings. More like gnocchi than anything asian really.

I make a pumpkin and sweet potato soup and float the dumplings in it for our tea, and save some soup and dumplings for Mae tomorrow - fingers crossed!



She ate two - I think she kind of liked them! I mean, they aren't cheese on toast or ice-cream, but they are edible and she went back for more - success in my view!

No comments:

Post a Comment