Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fast food

Sometimes I just can't be bothered to get creative with the food, but I still want to make sure she gets a good variety of nutrients in a meal, especially now she has dropped another breastfeed and is down to only three a day now. I reckon these Rafferty's Garden purees are perfect for lazy days where fast food is required:



I cook up some pasta bows and steam up some broccoli while the pasta cooks, then use the Rafferty's puree like it's a pasta sauce, grate some cheese and hey pesto, dinner is served:



I think Mae ate more today than she's ever eaten in a sitting - she ate 25 pasta bows, 4 florets of brocolli and a whole pear for dinner. I suspect a growth spurt is on the horizon!

Extra tip:
Mae has worked out how to suck the sachets down straight from the pack - I gave her a banana and apple one of these for brekkie and she sucked it like it was a straw. Means no spoons and perfect for when we're out and about. And not a drop down her front either!

2 comments:

  1. Hiya,

    I came to your blog from the post you made on the BLW forum, I've just read it from start to finish and I love it! Your writing is great and your little girl sounds like she's getting on brilliantly with BLW. Good luck in the rest of your journey! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth, just read your blog and love yours too! I am also inspired by all your links and the way you've configured your site, and by your well edited text!

    ReplyDelete