Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Zucchini fritters

As mentioned in the last post, Mae is now eating proper meals. Sometimes the amount varies (like yesterday I'm pretty sure she ate basically nothing) but some days she eats more than some of my (admittedly quite thin) friends at a sitting. She is also getting a bit tired of your basic vegies - a stick of pumpkin still goes down well sometimes, but now she's had icecream, greek butter beans with fetta, spanakopita, salmon fishcakes and spicy beanburgers, she is beginning to understand what life is all about!

So now we're back to normal life, I've got to get cooking if I'm to keep her chins multiplying over her Tommy Tippee catch-all.

It's now going to be about thinking of meals that we can all eat, or at least that I can prepare a derivative of for Mae before I add salt or chilli to ours. It's also got to be easy enough, I'm not going to slave over a hot stove for more than 30 mins a day. And preferably I will be able to save some for lunch the next day.

Today it was zucchini and corn fritters, with, bizarrely, paneer. I used this recipe but added a red onion and the paneer, and left the salt out for Mae's.




When you put so much thought and effort into a meal, you really want it to be successful, so it's with baited breath that I watch her take a bite. Success is measured in her going back for a second bite, which she does, and in the end eats two whole fritters for dinner (as well as half an orange for dessert).



Phew, effort rewarded with whole bits of sweetcorn in her nappy for days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment