Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Rice cracker revelation!

So pitta bread is all well and good, but it is bread, which can be salty and I don't want her eating wheat at every meal. So while I was in the supermarket today I was on the hunt for some rice crackers that would be low in salt and easy enough for a baby to eat. Suddenly I spot just the thing, right there in the baby food aisle! It says 10 months plus on the packet, but really - these companies err on the totally cautious side for fear of being sued. If Mae can manage a soggy weetbix and pitta bread and all the other things we've tried her on over the last fortnight, she can manage a little rice cracker.

So I bought them and gave her one with cream cheese. Tick! She got a good bit in her mouth and sucked the topping off, while the cracker seemed to dissolve into her mouth. Some bits of rice came off and seemed to surprise her while they swilled around her cheeks. But they went soft too. Some must have gone down because I couldn't have made a whole rice cracker from the soggy jigsaw pieces that remained afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment