Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fasta pasta

It's lunchtime and we've had a busy morning and I realise I don't have much to give Mae, unless she wants the fallback crackers again. We do, however, have some leftover pasta and sauce from last night (bow-shaped pasta with a jar of bertolli pasta sauce, parmesan flavour, with a tin of tuna in springwater stirred in it to be precise!).

It's been in the fridge overnight so it's kind of congealed, but well, she hasn't tried pasta yet and my sister said my niece loved pasta right from the start. So I sit down with this appetising pot of leftovers and hand Mae a bow while I tuck in myself. I don't have very high expectations of this meal, but to my surprise it is probably the most successful thing she has tried yet! She sucks each bow until it falls apart, and by my calculations, she has attacked 6 bows by the time we finish, and I reckon I could only make one from the origami down her front at the end, meaning she has probably eaten about 5 pasta bows!



I also steam up some pumpkin because I feel guilty about the processed nature of the sauce, which is what made most of the mess in this pic, but I am so happy with how much she has actually eaten, I don't care that her top has to be relegated to the bin afterwards!

Learnings:
  • Bow-shaped pasta really works well - easy to hold
  • Pasta from last night is good because it's more congealed so the sauce stays on easier
  • She has also had tuna here - her first fish meal! No ill effects to report...

No comments:

Post a Comment