Sunday, June 6, 2010

Falafel fail

Continuing the foray into Real Meals, I get down and dirty with the food processor and confidently whip up some falafels. Bizarrely I decide to make hers chip shaped too, although I think with hindsight she could probably have managed a normal round one. Anyway, shape aside, falafel is rejected. It does contain onion, garlic, parsley, cumin and coriander as well as chickpeas and she hasn't had any of these things before. It's probably just too soon for flavours like this. I won't take it personally. Rejection is apparent by a face that looks like the falafel is made purely of lemons. Back to the rice-crackers for tonight.

Learnings
  • Steady on. She's only been eating real food three weeks, I don't think I ate a falafel till I was about 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment