Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lickin' chicken

So she's had red meat, let's try some chicken me thinks. I buy some very expensive free range stir fry chicken strips and quickly realise there is way too much meat here for Mae to eat before it goes off. Nevertheless, I stirfry a batch, let it cool and offer her a strip. She grabs one and sucks on it, I'm watching for signs that it will break apart and choke her, but the fibres seem to hang together longways so it would be pretty hard for it to fall apart. She pulls with her gums and sucks away, but doesn't actually eat any of the actual fibres, she's just sucking out its goodness. I think this counts as a success! And I stirfry the rest with vegies for Chris' dinner so he's happy too!



Learnings:
  • Next time I'll break the pack apart as soon as I buy it and freeze it in mini freezer bags of two or 3 stripseach so I can fry them up for one meal at a time
  • UPDATE! Don't leave cooked chicken strips in the fridge and try to give them the next day. I found they had become too watery and did fall apart into little bits when she tried to eat them

No comments:

Post a Comment