Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Oranges are not the only fruit...

...But I think they are Mae's favourite so far. I have in the back of my mind that there is some rule on when babies should have citrus but it's too late - she grabbed a piece of orange off me and put it in her mouth after breakfast so I think it's time to give the humble orange a go formally.



She carefully took each segment and sucked it, juice spilling down her front but clearly down her throat too. Her eyes popped out of her head at the flavour!

Learnings
  • Oranges can kind of break apart and go stringy once they are sucked dry. You might find yourself pulling bits out of your baby's mouth. I doubt they would choke on one of these bits but it's a good idea to keep a careful eye
  • Her bum was a bit red the next day - possibly from the orange, I'm not sure

No comments:

Post a Comment