Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Spud-u-like

I realise I've been forgetting about an obvious vegetable - the humble spud! Still thinking about how I can combine her food and ours so we are moving towards eating the same food as a family, I decide on a potato bake. Surely this is a main meal? (see my cauliflower cheese error). I make them in separate dishes, adding onion and Facon to ours. I cut the potatoes into wedge shaped and bake with the cheese sauce

Let me tell you it is a rip-roaring success - "cheesy spuds - what's not to like?!" said Mae (well she would have if she could talk)

Learnings:
  • If you par-boil the potatoes first before you bake, they will still stay firm enough for her to pick up once baked
  • Dijon mustard in the sauce adds flavour and she seemed to like it
  • I gave her some broccoli too because so much cheese and spud looked like a meal that didn't contain nearly enough vitamins

No comments:

Post a Comment